Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

65 Days and Counting !!! :)

January 15th marks the day of our first opening Track and Field meet!!! It also marks the day I will return to competing coming off of two knee surgeries, a torn quad, and a bad car accident all in one year :/ The last 3 months I have been focusing on getting back into competition shape...it has been a long 12 weeks! I went from only being able to run for 5-8 minutes twice a week, to doing speed and endurance workouts five times a week. I am very thankful for the people that have helped me get back to a sport I couldn't live without! Dr. Pape my knee surgeon. Lydia and Alecia the college's athletic trainers who have been my go to people for rehab, Dr. CJ my chiropractor who has been a tremendous help in getting my body back to normal from a car accident, and making it possible to run again with no pain! It's also been great having the support of my friends; they know how hard it is to sit out and watch everyone else compete, they have been my shoulder to lean on and my motivation to get back to running with them at every practice and every meet! I'm looking forward to an amazing season and setting goal times that I can keep breaking at each meet! :) Let's go MUSTANGS!!!!!

1 comment: