Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Live, Laugh, Run

Live each day as if it was the FIRST day of your life. Do not let the child inside you disappear or die. Keep your curiosity alive by being inquisitive and open-minded. Experience life and all it has to offer. 

Laugh often! Keep the people in your life that truly make you happy. Never let the bad things get to you, always remember that there is a brighter side that will soon follow. Make others laugh, even if you are terrible at telling jokes, and if you lose your smile find it again by thinking of the things that make you happy.

Run! Running is something that I have always loved. There are many of you that hate running, but have something in life that you feel passionate about. Make time in your day to do the things you enjoy. 

It took me an hour and three friends later to finally figure out what to name my blog. They all had great ideas: "My life in a nutshell", "struggling runner", and "C.I.L.P (Current Issues, Life, and Politics)"; but non of them really fit who I really am.

I find it hard talking about myself in this, but here it goes! I am a junior at Mt. Mercy University, by the time I finish in 2012 I will have a B.A in both Criminal Justice and Political Science and a Minor in Legal Studies. A lot of people ask me what I want to do after college- I always respond "I am still trying to figure that out myself." I have always been interested in law enforcement, but lately I have been more interested in running for public office and trying to fix everything that's wrong. I believe that a "A honest politician is a terrible politician." Therefore I would be a terrible politician. I run track, well right now I am in the rehab process so I can continue to run track after two left knee surgeries from a torn ACL. I am overly involved in activities but find I am bored if I am not involved. I work as a High Risk Unit Peace Officer, I deal with people considered high risk that are on probation or parole. It is a dangerous job, but I live for risk and to help others. I needed words to describe me so I enlisted my best friend to help. This is what she said "ummm...competitive, entertaining, dapper...ummm...the bestest friend a person could ask for." I made her explain dapper- "neat,smart,lively, and brisk." I knew there was a reason she was my best friend :) 

I also have the problem of writing too much. So until we meet again, everyone have a wonderful night! 

1 comment:

  1. :) Love it! Can't wait to read your next one! You are such a great writer. :) Now you, Nikki have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete